Wow, I never thought my little Related Posts plugin would be so popular. It was just a hack for a better ‘Related Posts’.
Yes I’ve jumped a few release points as well! But remember this is still beta code to me .
Thanks to the people who tested it out for me, much appreciated .
But out of popular demand, I’ve fixed the code. Removed bugs, might have added some, but most importantly I’ve added more features which you people may or may not want.
For the moment I’ve removed the feature to use a page as a related post. Though this fixes the bug about having a ‘page’ appear as a related post , so I think most people might not mind.
For Old Users
[block:warning] If you’ve customized the CSS, please keep it somewhere safe when updating the file. You WILL destroy it if you overwrite the file.[/block]
[block:warning]The options are now saved under a different name so you’ll have to reapply your old options.[/block]
Don’t let these list of problems scare you if you are going to new to this plugin. It’s not a big thing, really.
- Trim the length of your title
- Limit to only showing related posts to the post’s page itself
- Easier CSS customization, by moving it the administration menu
- Made it possible to inject the php code, to customize where you want it placed. So basically like the old Related Posts Plugin
- Mixture of posts with and without excerpts. For example, first 3 posts have excerpts, remaining 2 dont. So it doesn’t look as cluttered.
- Automatically inserts the ‘Related Posts’ to the bottom of your post
- No need to inject SQL
- Includes into the RSS feed
- Customize apperance via CSS
- When installing, it may throw SQL errors. Though its not a big issue, and it still works. Still not working? Try a Force Install.
- Show Related Posts in the sidebar using widgets
- None that I know off
Do you like this plugin? Then please consider donating for the continuing development of this plugin and other plugins as well.
Normal plugin installation. Move the aizattos_related_posts.php into your WordPress Plugins Directory (generally wp-contents/plugins).
Licensed under the GNU Public License.
How you can Help
To be honest, the administration front end could be better. Better choice of words, and layout. Especially the CSS section. Any advice?
If you have any comments, suggestions, or bugs. Donâ€™t hesitate to contact me. I’d you’d like to test beta release of this plugin, do contact me!